Friends, Viners, countrymen, lend me your eyes;
I come to bury the Vine personality of Bart Gruzalski, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
the good is oft interred with their bones;
so let it be with Bart. The noble Vine Administrators
hath told him nothing about why he was permanently suspended
but clearly it had to be a grievous fault,
and grievously hath Viner Bart paid for it with his Vine life cut short.
The suspension warrant reads:
Please know that your Newsvine account has been suspended permanentlydue to postings by you which have been determined to be in violation of the Newsvine User Agreement you agreed to abide by upon registration.
The Vine Administrators who suspended him are all honourable persons,
so we can be utterly confident that they had good reason to end his Vine existence.
I come only to write in memoriam of my Vine friend, not to dispute the noble and honourable Vine Administrators.
Bart hath brought many subjects and comments to the Vine
yet never took home even one penny during his entire so brief Vine life.
Was this a crime? He did fight for the truth as he saw it,
he did not hide as many of us do behind a pseudonym, as I, alas, am want to do.
You all did seeth that on the Vine Bart hath created many Groups:
- AMERICA FIRST! Land & People! group, which corporation supporters, the 1%, Zionists and militarists did not like;
- Duopoly group, distressing to many outspoken but spooked Obamabots;
- Good Samaritan Christians group, which he had just formed but would have been hated by corporate defenders, Droners, Obamabots, Romneyites, and many others, although Woodie Guthrie apparently was an inspiration;
- Green Party group and Jill Stein group, which put fear into the hearts of supporters of a president
- who favors indefinite detention for Americans without trial,
- who has put drones in the sky over the US as if we were the enemy,
- who pretends to want jobs for Americans while he secretly negotiates a Free Trade Agreement with Asian nations which will give away more jobs and destroy our own environmental standards and has been called NAFTA on steroids.
- Finally he created the Nonviolence Creates Progress group, in the spirit of Gandhi, about whose philosophy of nonviolence and of economics he hath written a book. No Obamabots, Romneyites, or Zionists joined the group but a few of us did, including a delightful Libertarian Viner who agreed with Congressman Ron Paul on how our foreign militarism was creating terrorists, not defeating terrorism.
Clearly the Viner Authorities had good reason to suspend Bart, for they are honourable,
and I speak not to criticize what the Viner Authorities did
but to write what I do believe to know.
Although the Vine Authorities never told Bart why he was suspended,
from what I know it has to do with an article he wrote,
now fully deleted from the Vine despite many votes and comments:
Intentionally Provocative Zionist-Christian Anti-Muslim Movie Does what it was
Designed to Do: Cause Mayhem and thereby create Anti-Muslim Sentiment.
That topic could not have been his Crime, since the Vine Authorities are Honourable,
but what may have been perceived as a crime was that he wanted to illustrate how
Anti-Religion Cartoons, Anti-Religion videos, or Anti-Religion verbal descriptions
that make fun of people of a religion could provoke a virulent response.
He used examples much less worse than those in the dreadful film
Innocence of Muslims which is horribly anti-Muslim.
Bart included an anti-Semitic cartoon, but was veru clear it was only an example
(Bart is not anti-Semitic and explained that clearly in his article). He also included,
again as an example, an imaginary paragraph about of the tragic death of Rachel Corrie.
Neither of these were anything like the Anti-Muslim provocations in the film
Innocence of Muslims --for example, @10:25-11:10, where the film shows
Mohamed’s followers jeering as a 120 plus year old Jewish woman is torn in two
by camels pulling her apart with ropes tied to her legs.
Many Viners hath claimed this movie hath no provocative significance.
As always, Bart tried to explain and illustrate what many seemed not to know.
Apparently, not sympathetic to Bart’s attempt to illustrate
how anti-Religion items can provoke violent responses,
the Vine Establishment, who follow its own rules impeccably
and who would never show favoritism to friends,
suspended our Viner friend Bart permanently.
I have received emails from Bart Gruzalski
who wants me to share his final Vine wish that the groups he began continue
with new moderators who have the liberty to admit members and carry on the work
of transparency in government and organizations, big and small.
Does anyone know if this can happen or how to do it?
Bart has also asked that I make two requests of those of you
- who are opposed to domestic surveillance,
- who think climate change is a serious problem unheard in the debates,
- who want the US out of Afghanistan and see no point to the death and maiming and psychological scarring of our own military,
- who have noticed that Obama never used his oratorical skill to speak out for the public option or to explain how much the tax cuts for the rich would cost us the 99% even though Congress did could not stop Obama from reaching out to the people.
- who know Obama kept his great oratory under wraps when it came to the good of the 99%.
- who know that Obama extended tax cuts for the rich in a meeting with Republicans to which not even Nancy Pelosi was invited;
- who realize that Obama has protected international war criminals, shredded the Nuremburg treaty, and thereby himself is in violation of International Law;
- who understand that Obama continues to terrorize the rural and village people in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen—people like unto ourselves with feelings, with loved ones, who grieve, and who now fear sudden and fiery death from the sky
- who know he is known by many as "Hitman in Chief” and “Bush on steroids.”
Bart’s first request is to consider that, for these reasons, voting for Obama is voting for death and so immoral.
He affirmith this as a professor emeritus of theoretical and applied ethics with good standing in his profession.
Whatever, he asked to to relate, please vote with the awareness that many of you know in your hearts:
Obama is actually worse than George W Bush, which is difficult to say since Obama is much more likeable
and George Bush, for many of us, was the worst president we had experienced until 2010.
Those are his wishes,idea from his emails fully transformed into my own words,
and I am sure in his patient nonviolence he would condone my refrain that the noble Vine Administrators
are honourable persons, each and everyone one, and trustworthy to the core.
I wish him a gentle retirement away from the harassments
of those Viners who did hassle him and who hassle others with similar proclivities.
May he continue to write, in peace, elsewhere,
Under his own name, not a pseudonym like most of us hide behind.
And should anything he write be deemed worthy of the Vine,
hopefully I or others will seed it.
RIP, the Vine personality of Bart Gruzalski.